The Daily Drop – Two Great Wines Under €15
- Colinas del Itata Old Vines Muscat 2017, Itata – Inviting delicate perfumed floral aromas; juicy, really lively orange peel and apricot fruits, with a lovely musky kick on the finish. A delightful wine and outstanding value for money. Lightly spicy prawn or chicken Thai curries. I featured the 2014 vintage of his wine a few years ago. The 2017 is, I […]
- Ramon Roqueta Tina 3 Garnacha 2016, Calatayud – This is a very moreish all-purpose wine that offers great value for money. Medium-bodied juicy ripe strawberry fruits with plenty of concentration and real oomph on the mid-palate, and a smooth rounded finish. A good match for most red meats or pork; I had mine with mildly spiced lamb kofte and a tomato […]
The Top Drop – Two Great Wines Over €15
- Two middle-aged wines. – I recently retrieved a few cases of wine from a kind (and trusted) friend who allows me to store my wine in the basement of his house. I had bought all of them 5-10 years ago, all between €20-50 a bottle. As a result we have been having some lovely surprises over the last few […]
- A Duo from Sicily – “The amount of bullshit in the wine world is almost as much as that in the world of fashion”. Marco de Grazia, founder of Tenuta delle Terre Nere, doesn’t pull his punches. “Winemaking is a cultural process whereby you want to express the character of that vineyard; therefore you have to step back. Most winemakers […]
- The Big Alsace Tasting – The Big Alsace Tasting is back – for consumers and trade. Last year was memorable, so make sure you get to this one!
- O/’Briens Spring Wine Festival – The O’Briens Wine Festival, Ireland’s biggest wine event will take place in Limerick on the 9th May (with a slightly smaller version) and Dublin 10th & 11th May. There will be over 280 wines open for guests to try, and 70 wineries represented from New Zealand, Argentina, USA, France, Spain, Italy and more. Tickets are […]